Moreover, efforts are made to discover the broad pattern of interaction of social life that influences the social behavior.
This is further strengthened by carrying out research on socio-economic, cultural, social, demographic, environmental and political problems of Pakistani Society. The Sociology program is offered at The Government College University Faisalabad.
Sociological knowledge is applicable in every field, in every day personal interactional situation and in all aspects of life. Sociology is the scientific study of the human relationships and their consequences. It is the study of collective human behavior and social forces. It is committed to provide research skills to students that can be integrated usefully with relevant practical experience.
Sociologist seeks to discover the broad patterns of interaction of social life that influences social behaviors. We provide students with a coherent introduction to core themes and issues of the discipline in a stimulating environment.
Moreover, we offer graduate and post graduate level education in social sciences with a strong emphasis on communicative process and technologies within institutional settings, drawing on the active research interest of faculty and students. We also offer education in social sciences within an interdisciplinary context which highlights the continuities and differences among a number of scientifically social prospective. Training in a range of methodologies and research skills appropriate to these disciplines provides rigorous foundation for this distinctive feature.
In addition, internship opportunity with international and national organizations working in the field of social development is provided to the students in order to blend the academic knowledge with practical skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Sociological Theory
- Gender and Development
- Population Dynamics
- Research Methods in Social Sciences
- Advance Research Methods and Design
- Sociological Theory
- Techniques of Population Analysis
- Sociology of Health
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Sociology of Human Development
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
minimum 24 credits
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Sociology View 11 other Masters in Sociology in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International1048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per semester during 18 months.
National1048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per semester during 18 months.
Rs. 38300/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.