The Department of History and Pakistan Studies is dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence and diversity. The department strives to polish the students’ intellectual curiosity with a focus on tools to assess and solve complex problems and inculcate skills to become independent and motivated decision-makers.
The Department offers programmes i.e. MSc (Morning/Evening) and MPhil (Evening) in both History and Pakistan Studies. It aims to impart learning and understanding of the philosophical, social and cultural, political and economic contours of the discipline of History as well as various aspects of the state and society of Pakistan. The History program is offered at The Government College University Faisalabad.
It also attempts to orientate the students towards the institutional strengths and weakness of the government to reinforce its strengths and correct what we may call our deficiencies.
The Department would launch PhD programme in near future. Pakistan Studies is an inter-disciplinary subject and it offers courses which have close affinity with and understanding of other subjects of Social Sciences such as Economics, Sociology, History, Political Science and Pakistani languages and their literature.
We are trying our best to encourage and prepare the students for the exploration, analysis and advancement of research on the issues besetting Pakistan internally and externally.
In this regard, the authorities of the university are planning to establish a Research Centre in near future which would not only concentrate on the basic issues of Pakistani state and society but also examine and boost the prospects of peace in South Asia and suggest ways and means to promote harmony and stability in the region.
- Methods of Historical Research
- Trends in Historiography
- Philosophy of History
- Applied Historical Research
- Isssues in Philosophy of History
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- Study of Archives
- Primary Sources on Freedom Movement
- History of Colonialism in India
- Contemporary issues of Pakistan
- Study of Leadership
- Study of a Historical Movement(s)
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
minimum 24 credits
DisciplinesHistory General Studies & Classics Modern History View 4 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 444 USD per semester during 18 months.
National888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 444 USD per semester during 18 months.
- 38300 RS - 1st semester
- 38640 RS - 2nd semester
- 39800 RS - 3rd and 4th semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.