The intention of the Statistics programme of Trinity College Dublin is to provide participants with a practical grasp of statistics based on a sound knowledge of the underlying ideas and concepts.
Graduates of the course should be well placed to apply the ideas and methods to which they have been introduced in their own work. To this end, all the material is presented in the context of practical examples from a wide range of applications.
The Base Module discusses the fundamental inferential ideas underlying statistical methods. In dealing with these, more emphasis than is usual in first courses is placed on the idea of an underlying statistical model.
It is hoped that this emphasis will develop insight into the essential unity of the methods and avoid the all-too-common impression of there being a cookbook full of different statistical recipes for every possible occasion! The Elective Modules apply these ideas to a range of specialised areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data summaries and graphs
- Statistical models
- Sampling distributions: confidence intervals and tests
- Comparative experiments: t-tests, confidence intervals, design issues
- Counted data: confidence intervals and tests for proportions, design issues
- Cross-classified frequency data: chi-square tests
- Duolingo English Test: minimum overall score of 110/160, dated since January 2020
- An award certificate with a minimum II.1 overall score from Trinity's Centre for English Language Learning and Teaching's Pre-Master's Pathway Programme. The Pre-Master’s Pathway Programme is an academic English course for international students with conditional offers for postgraduate study at Trinity.
- Passing the programme means you meet Trinity’s English language requirement and can progress to your postgraduate course without retaking IELTS or any other exam.
- The Pre-Master’s Pathway Programme is an academic English course for international students with conditional offers for postgraduate study at Trinity. Passing the programme means you meet Trinity’s English language requirement and can progress to your postgraduate course without retaking IELTS or any other exam.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.