- This is an intensive Master’s programme for engaged students who would like to make the most of their time at Queen’s. The work produced throughout the year will be a collaborative effort between you, your year group, our academics and practicing architects. Because the course does not require you to meet prescription for qualification, it encourages you to work both within and beyond the realm of conventional architectural practice. We would like you to push the boundaries of your imagination and of architectural media. The Advanced Architectural Design programme is offered at the Queen's University Belfast .
- You will spend the year on our university campus celebrating its 175th year with people from around the world designing, collaborating and producing. Queen’s clubs and facilities including the Student Union, Queen’s Sport and Queen’s Film Theatre will also provide excellent opportunities to make friends outside of your discipline.
- You will be based in Belfast, a growing city known for its industrial design heritage on one hand and its vibrant arts culture and creative industries on the other. You will enjoy a healthy staff to student ratio, good studios where you will have your own space and excellent workshops for physical and digital manufacturing.
- Now, more than ever, our societies demand innovative designers and creative problem solvers to propose solutions to the challenges we face in a complex contemporary world - health and well-being, climate change, forced migration, public safety and increasing urbanisation, among others. Our school is renowned for award-winning, innovative research and teaching that is academically rigorous, critically informed, design-led and interdisciplinary. In all of this endeavour we seek to develop architecture’s voice in addressing these challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Humanities Dissertation
- Technology Dissertation
- Technical Dissertation & Humanities Dissertation
- Thesis Project
- Academic writing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We advise you to apply as early as possible, particularly for those courses where there is a high demand for places.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 285 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants whose primary degree was/will be awarded in the UK:
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree in Architecture from an approved RIBA/ARB Part 1 course in a recognised institution. A 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may be considered alongside a very strong design portfolio and relevant professional experience.
- Normally an assessment of 60% or above in the final year major design project of their approved RIBA/ARB Part 1 course.
- A demonstration of a critical awareness of the applicant's position relative to the profession and discipline of architecture. Such demonstration is typically (but not exclusively) achieved through experience in architectural practice in accordance with RIBA/ARB regulations for practical training.
- Applicants must submit an architectural design portfolio. A three minute video may also be submitted to support their application. Applicants may also be invited for interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4530 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) £4530
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) £4530
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB £9250
- 0EU Other £21,400
- International £21,400
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.