Program in Graduate Institute of Health and Biotechnology Law's faculty and students at Taipei Medical University focus on legal topics as they relate to bioscience and biomedicine. Using a variety of legal methods and viewpoints, we focus on issues in fields such as cognitive science, genome editing, and adaptive healthcare systems, which are analyzed within a framework of democratic values.
- The Health and Biotechnology Law master’s degree is a two-year (four-semester) program requiring completion of 32 credits, including 19 credits of required courses.
- At least one publication in a domestic or foreign journal or a conference hosted by an academic institution or professional association. Students who have completed 96 hours of internships in an affiliated institution of the Institute may submit the internship certification as an alternative to the aforementioned documentation required for the oral defense.
- Thesis defense
- Research ethics
- Interdisciplinary research on law & social issues or Introduction to mind, brain & consciousness
- Medical law
- Biotechnology law
- Principles & applications of biotechnology
- Legal research & writing in English
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiotechnology Legal Studies Health Sciences View 23 other Masters in Health Sciences in Taiwan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with diploma of Bachelor degree accredited by Taiwan Ministry of Education (MoE) or students graduating in 2021 from MoE accredited Bachelor degree programs.
- Verification of nationality (e.g. photocopy of passport)
- Copy of degree certificate(s) or diploma of the highest level of academic attainment
- Copy of official transcripts (list of grades and courses) of the highest level of academic attainment
- One copy of proof of English proficiency, such as TOEFL, IELTS, or other official test results. Applicants who have had at least four years of formal education in an English speaking country may provide attendance records as proof of English proficiency.
- Statement of purpose
- Resume and personal statement
- One recommendation letter in English or Chinese submitted via online application system by the referrer.
- Supporting materials are optional and may include academic examination scores
- Document review (50%), Interview (50%)
International3256 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1628 EUR per semester during 24 months.
All master students are given a full tuition scholarship. Scholarship applications should be submitted along with admission application.
Living costs for Taipei
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.