Taipei Medical University's internationally focused faculty conducts research that spans the fields of medical sociology, ecological medicine and community care, occupational health psychology, and science and technology studies.
What you'll study
The Program in Graduate Institute of Humanities in Medicine program gives students a holistic understanding of the relationships between individuals and technologies, communities and their environments, healthcare professionals, and patients and different cultural understanding of and practices pertaining to health, medicine, and the body.
Required courses cover diverse topics in social medicine, science and technology studies, ecology and community health, humanity and society, and methodology and research ethics. Elective courses, such as medical anthropology, gender and body studies, and nutrition and culture allow students to dig deeper into areas of interest as they develop ideas for their thesis.
- Methodology & Research Design
- Technology, Medicine & Society
- Ecology, Health & Community
- Social Medicine
- Humanity, Society & Medicine Education
- Seminar in Humanities in Medicine
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with diploma of Bachelor degree accredited by Taiwan Ministry of Education (MoE) or students graduating in 2021 from MoE accredited Bachelor degree programs.
- Verification of nationality (e.g. photocopy of passport)
- Copy of degree certificate(s) or diploma of the highest level of academic attainment
- Copy of official transcripts (list of grades and courses) of the highest level of academic attainment
- One copy of proof of English proficiency, such as TOEFL, IELTS, or other official test results. Applicants who have had at least four years of formal education in an English speaking country may provide attendance records as proof of English proficiency.
- Statement of purpose
- Resume and personal statement
- One recommendation letter in English or Chinese submitted via online application system by the referrer.
- Supporting materials are optional and may include academic examination scores
- Document review (100%)
International1628 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1628 EUR per year during 24 months.
All master students are given a full tuition scholarship. Scholarship applications should be submitted along with admission application.
Living costs for Taipei
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.