Medical Physics from Loyola University Chicago applies physics concepts and techniques to health care. Medical Physicists use a comprehensive knowledge of imaging, radiation therapy, and technology to help physicians diagnose and treat diseases
Students work in clinics, hospitals, and university medical centers in departments of Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiation Safety, as well as within industry.
- Interactions of Radiation with Matter
- Image-Based Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Physics Seminar
- Physics and Mathematics of Medical Imaging
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- Physics of Radiation Therapy
- Practicum in the Physics of Radiation Therapy
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Radiation/Cancer Biology
- Radiation Protection and Safety
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine Medical Imaging View 602 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Graduate record exam (GRE) only required if GPA is less than 3.0 (out of a 4.0 scale)
- Two letters of recommendation
- GPA of 3.0 or greater (out of a 4.0 scale)
- Students entering the program will be required to have a strong foundation in Physics, demonstrated either by having an undergraduate (BA/BS) or graduate (MS/PhD) degree in Physics.
- A Completed Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- A Statement of Purpose
- Language Test Requirement
- Transcript Evaluation
International34500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1150 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1150 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.