To this end, we equip the students with all the necessary theoretical and methodological tools so that they are able to identify the numerous factors related to language acquisition from different theoretical perspectives: cognitive-interactionist, generative and sociocultural.
The students will carry out research with groups from the UPV/EHU, as well as from other national and international institutions. Furthermore, the students will be able to interact with internationally-renowned researchers who will be participating in the conferences and seminars, and delivering lectures during the Special Topics in SLA (Second Language Acquisition) courses.
Language Acquisition in Multilingual Settings (LAMS) programme from University of the Basque Country also imparts knowledge required for applying research results to the teaching practicum in the field of foreign language teaching.
- Designing experiments and data transcription and codification
- Early Language Acquisition in Monolingual and Bilingual Contexts
- Instruction in L2 Sound Acquisition
- Methods of Statistical Inference
- Motivation and Language Attitudes in Multilingual Educational Contexts
- Multilingual Education: Theoretical and Research Perspectives
- Research Methods in Second Language Acquisition
- Semantic Analysis and Didactics of Language
- Social-Discursive Analysis and Didactics of Language
- Special Topics in Language Acquisition
- The acquisition of morphosyntax
- The Acquisition of Phonetics
- The acquisition of Pragmatics
- Translating Creative Fiction in the Foreign Language Classroom
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 22 other Masters in Language Studies in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Teaching: Foreign Language Specialty
- University Degree In Psychology
- University Degree in Basque Philology
- University Degree in Classical Philology
- University Degree in Education
- University Degree in English Philology
- University Degree in French Philology
- University Degree in Germanic Philology
- University Degree in Hispanic Philology
- University Degree in Lingüistics
- University Degree in Philology
- University Degree in Philosophy
- University Degree in Translation & Interpreting
- Other University Degrees or equivalent at the discretion of the Committe.
International1600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA1600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Bilbao
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.