The curriculum of the Northeastern University MS Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program has a lifespan focus, with core course content covering all ages. The program emphasizes a biopsychosocial framework to develop the understanding of human development, etiology of psychiatric disorders, and treatment modalities geared toward working with individuals across the lifespan and their families. The course of study emphasizes diagnostic decision making; psychotherapeutic interventions, including individual, family, and group therapies; and psychopharmacology across the lifespan. We are known for our emphasis on the needs of children and families.
Upon completion of the curriculum, graduates are eligible to sit for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification, through the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Clinical practica available in various healthcare settings
- Program prepares students to sit for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification
- Program is appropriate for licensed nurses who do not possess a Master of Science in Nursing degree
- Dimensions of Clinical Practice
- Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Psychobiological Bases of Mental Disorders
- Contemporary Psychotherapies—Theory and Practice
- Healthcare System and Professional Role Development
- Epidemiology and Population Health
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice
- Health Assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 413 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from all institutions attended
- Personal statement
- TOEFL or IELTS for applicants who do not hold a degree from a U.S. institution and whose native language is not English
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited program (USA)
- Current RN licensure
International37650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75300 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National37650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75300 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.