The Physics for Technology program from National University of Singapore aims to equip high-technology R&D professionals and fresh graduates with current knowledge and skills in scientific innovations and technology. The domain knowledge includes quantum physics, solid-state physics, photonics, electronic/optical materials and fabrication, and computational methods. The MPT strives to shape its students with both the theoretical background necessary to approach complex problems and the practical know-how to solve these problems in quantum technology, semiconductor technology, photonic technology, and technologies for advanced materials.
The NUS MPT programme has one intake per year, with candidates joining in August every year. This programme is offered as a full-time programme and a part-time programme.
For full-time candidates, the typical candidature of the MSc programme is one year, in line with other 40-MC Masters programmes within the university. The maximum period of candidature is two years.
For part-time candidates, the typical candidature of the MSc programme is two years, in line with other 40-MC Masters programmes within the university. The maximum period of candidature is four years.
- Physics and Technology (4 MCs)
- Physics Practices in Industry (4 MCs)
- Special Topics in Physics (4 MCs)
- M.Sc Coursework Thesis for Physics and Technology (8 MCs)
- Computational Condensed Matter Physics (4 MCs)
- Advanced Solid State Physics (4 MCs)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 22 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Singapore
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants have completed a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Physics or Applied Physics.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a specialisation on semiconductors, electronics, photonics, or materials science may also be considered.
- Applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not English must have a TOEFL and IELTS score of minimum 85 or 6, respectively.
- Candidates with other qualifications and achievements deemed to be suitably prepared for the MPT programme may also be considered.
International25176 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12588 EUR per semester during 12 months.
National25176 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12588 EUR per semester during 12 months.
S$5,000 Acceptance Fee
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.