The Health Informatics and Public Health dual-degree program at Northeastern University prepares graduates to lead healthcare at the nexus between public health and health informatics. Graduates of this program will benefit from having a greater understanding of public health issues along with knowledge and skills in information science, business management, and healthcare.
Recognizing the increasing overlap between health informatics and public health with a focus on urban health, the dual HINF/MPH program allows coursework that is in both the public health and health informatics curricula to be counted toward both degrees, reducing tuition costs and saving one year of study compared to obtaining both degrees individually. The program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and is an academic organizational affiliate of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Central to addressing urban public health concerns, and in particular the challenges and opportunities for health informatics in public health, is the commitment the combined program has to building a diverse and activist workforce.
The goal of the program is to graduate professionals well educated in the complex issues associated with improvements in information technology, as well as changes to the public health and healthcare delivery systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Informatics Systems
- Database Design, Access, Modeling, and Security
- Key Standards in Health Informatics
- Improving the Patient Experience through Informatics
- Quantifying the Value of Informatics
- Biostatistics in Public Health
- Environmental Health
- Public Health Administration and Policy
- Society, Behavior, and Health
- Principles and History of Urban Health
- Race, Ethnicity, and Health in the United States
- Urban Community Health Assessment
- Health Education and Program Planning
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Health Informatics View 512 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
In addition to the SOPHAS required documentation of official U.S./Canadian transcripts and C.V./resumé, please provide the following additional documentation with your application:
- Official transcripts from each U.S. and English-speaking Canadian college-level institution attended
- Statement of purpose and objectives
- Three letters of recommendation
- Academic and professional references ONLY
- Standardized test scores
- English proficiency test scores for those applicants whose native language is not English and/or who attended post-secondary institutions outside the U.S. and English-speaking Canada.
- World Education Services (WES) ICAP course-by-course evaluation of academic records from institutions outside the U.S. and English-speaking Canada (if applicable)
International54780 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 91300 EUR for the full programme during 20 months.
National54780 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 91300 EUR for the full programme during 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.