The Master of Science in College Student Development and Counseling program at Northeastern University focuses on counseling, college student development, the history and philosophy of the student affairs profession, and the organization and administration of the field. The program has a long history of providing its students with practical experience in which they put the theories and skills that they learn in the classroom directly to use.
With more than 120 colleges and universities within a 60-mile radius of Boston, we offer many opportunities for students to practice in various collegiate settings. These practicum experiences prepare students to work in entry-level and mid-level management in the field.
Typical careers for which students are prepared for include:
- Academic advising
- Student activities
- Career counseling
- Judicial affairs
- Service learning
- Cooperative education
- Residential life
- Planning and Administering Student Affairs
- Law and Ethics in Higher Education
- Financial Aspects of Higher Education
- Special Topics in Higher Education
- Vocational, Education, and Career Development
- Counseling: Theory and Process in an Ecological Context
- Understanding Culture and Diversity
- Health Issues in Counseling
- College Student Development
- Groups: Dynamics and Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling Educational Psychology View 3205 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application fee
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from all institutions attended
- Personal statement of goals and expectations
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0
- GRE or MAT
- TOEFL or IELTS for applicants who do not hold a degree from a U.S. institution and whose native language is not English
- Personal interview with faculty
- Personal meeting with current students
International35400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 70800 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National35400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 70800 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.