The aim of the programme in Building Performance and Sustainability from National University of Singapore is to offer graduates of different disciplines, who are engaged in design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of building systems and services, an opportunity to acquire knowledge and practice in the broad field of Building Performance and Sustainability.
What you'll study
This knowledge is vital for those engaged in such activities in the 21st century that confronts mankind with irreversible effects of climate change and potentially adverse consequences now and in the future. This global phenomenon necessitates a paradigm shift towards creating buildings that are not only comfortable and healthy for the occupants but are also sustainable.
Whilst the Master of Science (Building Performance and Sustainability) programme is firmly embedded with the challenges and issues in the building sector faced in the rapidly developing urbanization of cities in the tropical belt of the world that has the potential to impact in excess of 2 billion people, it also addresses similar fundamental issues related to other climates and cultures elsewhere in The world.
Why NUS Msc in Building Performance and Sustainability
1. Acquire a sound understanding of the importance of sustainability in building creation, as well as the operation and maintenance of building systems, through a multi-disciplinary approach.
2. Benefit from lecturers with international standing.
3. Enjoy meaningful interaction with fellow students from diverse professional backgrounds.
4. Graduate with an internationally recognised degree and be qualified for practice in the broad field of Building Performance and Sustainability.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master of Science (Building Performance and Sustainability) is a multi-disciplinary educational programme that can be completed in 1 year.
Students will need to complete 40 modular credits (MC) in-order to graduate. Typically, there are 3 study options:
1) 12 MC on essential modules + 28 MC on prescribed elective modules OR
2) 12 MC on essential modules + 20 MC on prescribed elective modules + 8 MC on unrestricted elective modules OR
3) 12 MC on essential modules + 20 MC on prescribed elective modules + 8 MC on dissertation.
Typically, each module is 4 MC. The unrestricted electives enable students to pursue their academic interests and aspirations by reading modules of any Department/Faculty. The unrestricted elective modules will have to be a graduate-level.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Development View 4 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Singapore
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at National University of Singapore and/or in Singapore, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- At least a bachelor’s degree with honours in a relevant discipline, preferably with relevant practical experience or a bachelor’s degree with at least three years of relevant experience;
- A good TOEFL score (580) or equivalent is required of applicants whose medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28734 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28734 EUR per year during 12 months.
National28734 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28734 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.