Students from various backgrounds are welcomed to apply. This Chinese Culture and Language programme from National University of Singapore will also provide graduate training for Chinese Language teachers, editors, journalists, and other relevant professionals that use Chinese as a major language medium.
What you'll studyThe M.A. by Coursework programme is structured around course requirements with no dissertation requirement. All modules are taught in Chinese only. Students will be expecting programmes to involve attendance at formal classes, seminars, laboratories and written examinations. As part of the assignments, some modules also require the candidate to undertake a project. Students not only acquire in-depth knowledge of Chinese Studies, they would possess the ability to pursue independent research in his/her proposed field of advanced study.
- Topics in Rhetoric
- Chinese Lexical Semantics
- Seminar in Chinese Pragmatics
- Theories in Phonology
- Cognitive Linguistics & Chinese Language
- Topics in Modern Chinese Literature
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Linguistics View 10 other Masters in Language Studies in Singapore
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An NUS Honours degree (Second Class and above) or equivalent (e.g., a four-year Bachelors degree with at least an average grade of B or equivalent) in the subject or related field;
- A good Bachelors degree (at least an average grade of B or equivalent) in the subject or related field and successful completion of a placement test; or exceptionally;
- Other qualifications and experience subject to approval by the Board of Graduate Studies
- Applicants whose native tongue and medium of university instruction is not English should submit their TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score as evidence of their proficiency in the English language.
International22646 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22646 EUR per year during 12 months.
National22426 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22426 EUR per year during 12 months.
Singapore Citizens: S$35,650 fulltime/ 17,850 part time
Singapore Permanent Residents and International Students: S$36,000 fulltime/ 18,000 part time
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.