Consistent with the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration's (NASPAA) definition of executive education, the Public Administration (Executive) master's program at Florida International University reaffirms that: “a typical Executive MPA student is a college graduate (any major) who has five to ten years of cumulative experience with public or non-profit organizations and at least three years of middle-to-upper level managerial experience”.
The FIU MPA Faculty is the largest in South Florida and is the only full-time public administration department in Miami-Dade County. The majority of the program’s courses are taught by full-time FIU Public Administration professors who are also top scholars in the field of public administration.
The Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) track is designed for public service professionals in upper management, executive and senior management positions in state, local, regional and federal agencies as well as those in senior positions in non-profit agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Political, Social & Economic Context of Public Administration
- Human Resources Management & Policy
- Quantitative Applications
- Public Finance & the Budgetary Process
- Smart Governance
- Policy Analysis & Program Planning
- Applied Research Methods for Accountability in Public and Non-Profit Organizations
- Leadership & Decision Making
- The Practice of Public Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Public Administration View 1766 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants to the Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) program must:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Have five to ten years of cumulative experience with public or non-profit organizations and preferably one to three years of managerial and supervisory experience;
- Submit three academic or professional letters of recommendation from faculty member at their undergraduate institution or from employment supervisors and;
- Demonstrate graduate level writing competency by submitting an essay between 3 and 5 pages in length explaining how earning the Executive Master of Public Administration is consistent with long-term career goals;
- Submit a GRE Score if their GPA in their last 60 credits of upper division coursework is less than 3.0 and;
- Submit official transcript/s.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National32000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.