Research Design and Analysis students at Florida International University will learn about research design, statistics, measurement, and qualitative research. Graduates will generate both research expertise and pragmatic experience, which will serve them well as they transition to future employment.
In sum, the master’s degree program places emphasis on building research knowledge, expertise, and practical experience to help RDA graduates align relevant data with specific problems, design cutting-edge data collection methods, analyze data for practical solutions, and suggest rigorous research techniques to help solve real-world problems in education and related fields. In particular, RDA graduates will have an impact on both public and private sectors that deal with contemporary challenges regarding education, health and technology issues.
- A critical feature of the master’s degree in RDA is the individual mentoring system designed to monitor each student’s academic motivation and career aspirations. Our RDA faculty will assist students from entering the program by providing information on RDA careers, mentoring them on how to build the knowledge base of RDA, how to interpret data and apply it to select fields.
- The faculty’s frequent contact via online/remote communication tools (e.g., Zoom) will help to keep students engaged throughout the degree program. Specifically, each RDA faculty member will monitor four to five students and maintain close relationships with students to ensure learning quality, timely progress, and psychological health.
- The RDA program utilizes cloud computing through online learning and FIU eLabs to offer students quality online instruction and access to remotely accessible research software. Specifically, FIU Online is well-known for its support services and online resources such as virtual tutoring and IT assistance for students and faculty. The FIU eLabs is equipped with quantitative and qualitative software and provide assistance through a multiplatform system in a virtual environment or through remote workstations.
- Research Methods in Education
- Single-Subject Research Design in Education
- Measurement and Evaluation in Education
- Advanced Analysis in Educational Research
- Application of Measurement and Assessment in Educational Research
- Qualitative Foundations of Educational Research
- Application of Statistical Model to Education
- Research Practicum in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 1075 other Masters in Education in United States
- An applicant must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or international students from an institution comparable to or equivalent to U.S. degrees for further study at the graduate level.
- An applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 hours of the upper division of coursework.
RDA applicants are required to submit:
- An online application to the Office of Graduate Admissions
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from an academic source)
- An autobiographical statement
International17700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17700 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17700 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.