The creativity and research of the Mechanical Engineering profession impact health, exploration, manufacturing and high technology industries throughout the world. Mechanical engineering is and will remain critical in areas as diverse as space exploration, environmental control, defense, transportation, and bioengineering.
The Mechanical Engineering degree at Florida International University is available in either a thesis or a non-thesis program. Major areas of specialization include:
- Mechanics/ Materials
- The design and manufacturing of power plants, automobiles, aircraft, robots to improved methods of transportation and production by industrial robots are but a few important inventions that would not have been realized without the creativity associated with the mechanical engineering profession.
- Potential jobs include: Application Engineer, Design Engineer, Design Maintenance Engineer, Equipment Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Product Engineer, Project Engineer, Test Engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intermediate Analysis of Mechanical Systems
- Computational Engineering Analysis
- Finite Element Method Applications in Mechanical Engineering
- Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis
- Advanced Computational Engineering Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Advanced Aerodynamic Shape Design
- Classical Thermodynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Industrial Design General Engineering & Technology View 1583 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- A minimum 3.00 grade point average (GPA) in a completed undergraduate degree program
- GRE or GMAT
- Letter of intent
- Letters of recommendation
- Departmental application
- English proficiency test (for foreign-educated students)
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.