Healthcare is continuously evolving rapidly in the United States. The Master of Health Services Administration program at Florida International University prepares students for executive leadership positions in healthcare organizations and equips you with the skillset healthcare organizations seek.
You can earn your master's degree in just 24 months through our fully online program while acquiring valuable skills through coursework focused on finance, operations, marketing, management, quality assessment, and information technology of healthcare institutions. The program culminates with an administrative residency or master's research project.
There is also a fast track option that allows you to expedite your education in just 18-months to drive change and lead healthcare organizations and systems. The MHSA Fast Track program was designed for self-motivated learners with knowledge in healthcare administration, leadership, and practice in a health-related field to help you earn the advanced degree fast. The program is delivered in eight weeks semesters, is cohort-based, and you will have access to synchronous education. It involves a combination of learning approaches such as students viewing a live web stream of a class, facilitated students and instructors participate in a course via a web conference.
What you will learn
The courses of the FIU Health Services Administration programs align to prepare you for varying degrees of responsibilities as a health services administrator. This includes:
- Planning, directing and coordinating medical and health services
- Create and implementing policy and procedures
- Hiring and supervise staff
- Controlling finances
- Collaborating with other healthcare managers and stakeholders
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management and Organization in Health Care
- Financing and Reimbursement of Health Delivery Systems
- Management of Long Term Care Systems
- Ethical Decisions in Health Services Administration
- Strategic Planning and Marketing of Health Care Services
- Economic and Decision Analysis in Health Care
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior in Health Care Systems
- Managing Human Resources and Health Professions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1342 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Meet the general University requirements for admission to graduate programs.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Show promise of success in graduate studies as determined by the faculty.
- Admission to the program will be based upon a combination of the upper-division (last 60 hours) grade point average
- A personal statement. The personal statement is a concise one-page document that integrates a detailed description or anecdote from your background, educational, and work experience, or other stories you want to share. You want the reader to gain a clear sense of your commitment to the field and what are your career plans. Aim at showcasing the qualities you have that will help you succeed in the Master of Health Services Administration program at the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences at FIU.
- Each applicant must have a GPA for the last 60 hours of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31200 USD per year during 18 months.
National31200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31200 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.