Poverty alleviation and economic growth as well as reduced inequalities and sustainability, continue to be some of the main development challenges the world faces today and will continue to confront in the future. Addressing these issues in an interconnected and data-driven world, requires people who understand global trends and are able to devise solutions based on solid empirical evidence.
To prepare Global Affairs - International Development students for careers in government, international organizations, private corporations or consulting firms, the track provides a solid understanding of the fundamental tools of economic policy analysis. The primary focus is on the skills necessary to conduct rigorous assessments of public policy and private projects.
The curriculum at Florida International University emphasizes the acquisition of econometric and other statistical and quantitative tools needed to leverage the increasingly large amounts of data available. Courses in research methods and writing and presentation skills provide additional academic and professional preparation.
- Program Officer
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Federal Program Officer
- Foreign Officer
- Economic Policy Analysis
- Analytical Writing and Presentation Skills
- Program Design and Evaluation
- Global Economy and Industrial Sustainability
- Growth, Development, and Policy
- Quantitative Methods
- Global Economy, Finance and Institutions
- International Development Policy
- Markets, Governments and Public Policy
- International Trade for Global Affairs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Public Policy View 190 other Masters in International Development in United States
- Online graduate application, along with a non-refundable application fee of $30.00 US dollars.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and/or universities.
- Official proof of degree. A notarized copy of the original diploma is required if the degree is not posted on the official transcript(s).
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose (750 words minimum) describing the candidate’s academic and professional background as well as career aspirations.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
International15675 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National15675 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31350 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.