Build on your strong mathematical background to gain both a deep theoretical and conceptual knowledge of finance, together with the requisite high-level probability, statistics and mathematics, to enable you to undertake advanced quantitative modelling. Lab work will give you hands-on experience of using software packages for simulations and time series analysis, as well as learning programming for quantitative finance in three core languages: Python, C++ and R.
Our departments benefit from excellent links to key financial institutions and employers, and this course has benefited from industry recommendations.
Careers after the Mathematical Finance course at the University of Warwick
Where do our graduates work?
- Man AHL
- Barclays Capital
- Goldman Sachs
- Zurich Insurance Company
- Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- BNP Paribas
- Bank of America
What do our graduates do?
- Junior Quantitative Analyst
- Director of Trading
- Market Risk Analyst
- Senior Investment Analyst
- Quantitative Strategy
- Head of Fixed Income options IT
- Valuation Controller
- Fixed Income ETF Trader
- Quantitative Financial Analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Compulsory modules include:
- Asset Pricing & Risk
- Programming for Quantitative Finance
- Financial Statistics
- Simulation & Machine Learning for Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance
- Applications of Stochastic Calculus in Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Financial Mathematics Machine Learning View 117 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Warwick and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Our MSc Mathematical Finance is a highly specialised and technical programme. To succeed on this course, you will need strong ability in Mathematics and Finance, and some experience in Statistics or Econometrics, evidenced by a high 2.1 or first in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or another relevant quantitatively-focused undergraduate degree. A clear emphasis in your choice of undergraduate electives on the aforementioned areas will strengthen your application.
- When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average, and the position of the institution where you studied your qualification.
- You must have, or be expecting to obtain, at least a high 2.1 degree at Undergraduate level from a UK university, or overseas equivalent from a top-performing University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National31000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Up to 50% scholarships available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.