The Statistical Data Science programme from University of Kent, which has recently been updated, trains data scientists for posts in any of the multitude of companies and organisations that make use of data. Core modules give a thorough grounding in modern applications of statistics to data science and there is the opportunity to choose additional topics to study.
Statistical Data Science at Kent provides:
- a programme that gives you the opportunity to develop practical, mathematical and computing skills in statistics, while working on challenging and important problems relevant to a broad change of potential employers
- teaching and supervision by staff who are research-active, with established reputations and who are accessible, supportive and genuinely interested in your work.
- advanced and accessible computing and other facilities
- a congenial work atmosphere with pleasant surroundings, where you can socialize and discuss issues with a community of other students.
Students often go into careers as professional statisticians in industry, government, research and teaching but our programmes also prepare you for careers in other fields requiring a strong statistical background. You have the opportunity to attend careers talks from professional statisticians working in industry and to attend networking meetings with employers.
Our graduates have started careers in diverse areas such as the pharmaceutical industry, financial services and sports betting.
- Probability and Statistics for Data Science
- Statistical Data Modelling
- Bayesian Statistics with Stan and Python
- Data Science with R
- Statistical Learning for Data Scientists
- Statistical Consultancy and Data Presentation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
No fixed deadline for applications from home/EU students, but we recommend to apply as soon as possible; no later than 3 months before your start date.
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 419 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
- A minimum of 2.2, with a substantial amount of mathematics at university level.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU full-time £13000
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.