This Educational Leadership - Emancipatory School Leadership MA program offered at San José State University will prepare school leaders through deep engagement with research and practice through applied consulting on living case studies.
Emancipatory school leadership approaches create organizational cultures to reflect the diversity of experience and knowledge within school communities through collaborative approaches to deconstruct power systems, challenge inequitable practices and policies, and cultivate community cultural wealth.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Build organizational cultures that reflect the diversity of experience and knowledge within school communities.
- Identify approaches to educational leadership that include the cultural wealth present in communities that schools serve.
- Design professional development that challenges bias and inequity in school settings.
- Create culturally sustaining approaches to instructional leadership.
- Implement policies and practices that reflect emancipatory school leadership principles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epistemologies of Educational Leadership: Personal, Political, & Intellectual
- Emancipatory Teaching and Learning
- Equity & Access: Practices, Policies, & Pedagogies
- Emancipatory Leadership as Praxis
- Critical Studies of Educational Policy
- Envisioning Emancipatory Leadership for Schools
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 2221 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
- Applicants must submit a letter of nomination/recommendation from a school leader as part of their application. Upon review of the applications, all applicant finalists will participate in an interview by the admissions committee to finalize admission to the program.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 14 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 14 months.
- Non-resident students pay basic registration fees plus $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.