The Computational Genomics Program from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign provides students with educational and research experiences that integrate the sciences of biology and medicine with the practices and principles of engineering. For the MS and PhD programs, areas of focus include Bio-imaging, Cell & Tissue Engineering, Micro and Molecular Technologies, and Computational Biology.
- Bioengineering faculty perform research in the areas of Bio-Imaging at Multi-Scale; Molecular, Cellular and Tissue Engineering; Bio-Micro and Nanotechnology; Computational and Systems Bioengineering; and Synthetic Bioengineering. MEng students are able to do independent study research projects with Bioengineering faculty and affiliate faculty for class credit.
- Technical Coursework
- Business Coursework
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 433 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must have earned at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college in the United States or a comparable degree from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (A=4.0), or comparable GPA for an international applicant, for last two years of undergraduate study is a minimum requirement for admission.
- Applicants enrolled in the final year of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in the United States or a or comparable degree program from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad, and who meet the GPA requirements stated above will be admitted conditionally pending receipt of final academic credentials showing the undergraduate degree as conferred.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency with an acceptable TOEFL or IELTS score or by qualifying for an English proficiency waiver.
International36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36150 USD per year during 12 months.
National36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36150 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State18998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18998 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.