Geospatial technologies, ranging from GPS-enabled devices and satellite remote sensing to combining data sets into a visual representation, are an integral part of our interconnected world and can be applied in a wide range of industries including agriculture, healthcare, energy, and transportation.
- At University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, you will build flexible, cross-disciplinary expertise around a strong GIS core, drawing upon the University of Illinois’s renowned strengths in Geographic Information Science, informatics, computer science, and related fields.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- High-Performance Geospatial Computing
- Geospatial Visualization and Visual Analytics
- Geospatial Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Spatial Epidemiology
- Advanced Spatial Analysis
- Advanced Studies in Geography
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 292 other Masters in Geography in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from a recognized institution abroad
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work and for any graduate work
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 79 or higher (internet-based test) OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score or 7.0 or higher for applicants whose native language is not English
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
International26494 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26494 USD per year during 12 months.
National26494 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26494 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.