Our Vocal Coaching and Accompanying program at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign develops excellent musical and linguistic skills, along with technical fluency. Students learn in class and studio lessons, and also through practical experience.
Instruction in collaborative piano is in a range of repertoire: operatic and musical theatre works, recital, cabaret and chamber music performance.
- We place strong emphasis on the acquisition of collaborative skills and on language comprehension and diction. Students study harmonization, transposition, and improvisation.
- The Master of Music and the Doctor of Music Arts in Vocal Coaching and Accompanying were created by the legendary accompanist John Wustman.
- The program has a long list of distinguished alumni, including: Susan Ash-Baker, Franklin Brasz, Brian Garman, Ward Holmquist, Luke Housner, David Moody, Mary Pinto, Craig Rutenberg, Kevin Stites, Valerie Trujillo, and Julie Gunn.
- Lyric Theatre embraces a broad continuum of opera and musical theatre. It mounts three fully staged productions of musical theatre and opera each year, performed in our outstanding opera house at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, and several studio, scenes, and workshop programs.
- Members of the LTI music staff develop skills as vocal coaches, rehearsal pianists, music directors, prompters, supertitle operators, language coaches, translators, arrangers, chorus masters, conductors, and composers, as their interests and abilities dictate.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 584 other Masters in Musicology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Transcripts from every institution from which you have earned a degree
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Personal Statement
- Resume or C.V.
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.