The Behavior Analysis program curriculum at Florida International University includes a Verified Course Sequence, seminar courses, practical experience and BCBA exam preparation.
Students will complete this 45-credit hour program over 18 months. Courses will be delivered in a hybrid format, in which half of the course contact hours will be face-to-face and the other half will be online. Course meetings are scheduled with working professionals in mind.
Students gain firsthand experience with local organizations that provide behavior analysis services. Participation in program events, professional organizations and behavior analysis conferences is highly encouraged.
- Proseminar in the Experimental Analysis of Behavior
- Advanced Methods of Behavior Change
- Single-Case Research Methods
- Learning and Development
- Applications of Verbal Behavior for Autism and Asperger Syndrome
- Behavioral Technologies
- Ethical Code in Behavior Analysis
- Practicum in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Special Topics in Psychology
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 610 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- GPA: 3.0 in last 60 credits of upper-division work
- Statement of Intent: Required; a brief essay stating the reasons for interest in the program and career goals. Should not exceed three typewritten double-spaced pages
- Letters of Recommendation: Required; 3 letters evaluating the applicant’s potential for graduate work. The University Graduate School offers a recommendation form, though this is not required.
- CV or resume: Required; include with previous experience, education, honors, awards, interests, community service and achievements and highlighting relevant experience and/or coursework in behavior analysis
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 18 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 18 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.