Our internationally recognized Musicology faculty at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign are leaders in their fields, with teaching, research, and publications that embrace interdisciplinary and cutting-edge approaches to ethnomusicology and historiography.
Clusters of expertise exist in several areas and students benefit from complementary perspectives on a wide range of geographic regions, time periods, topics, and theoretical frameworks.
- Teaching and research are further characterized by rigor and disciplinary innovation, which have been a hallmark of Musicology at Illinois since the subject was established at this university in the early 1950s.
- Aiming to provide all students with a high-quality, transformative educational experience, faculty refresh our course offerings regularly to reflect their current research interests.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fieldwork and Ethnography
- Analytical Methods: Musicology
- Social Theory in Ethnomusicology
- Seminar in Musicology
- Methods of Musicology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 512 other Masters in Musicology in United States
- Transcripts from every institution from which you have earned a degree
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Personal Statement
- Resume or C.V.
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.