Faculty and laboratories in BBE and affiliated programs at Caltech provide outstanding opportunities to carry out creative and innovative work in fundamental, translational, and applied research across a broad spectrum of life sciences.
About the Program
Graduate students in Biology from California Institute of Technology - Caltech come with very diverse undergraduate preparation—majors in physics, chemistry, mathematics, or psychology, as well as in biology and its various branches. The aims of the graduate program are to provide, for each student, individual depth of experience and competence in a particular chosen major specialty; perception of the nature and logic of biology as a whole; sufficient strength in basic science to allow continued self-education after formal training has been completed and thus to keep in the forefront of changing fields; and the motivation to serve his or her field productively through a long career.
- Principles of Biology-The great theories of biology and their influence in the modern world
- The Great Ideas of Biology: Exploration through Experimentation
- Current Research in Biology
- Cell Biology
- Scientific Communication for Biological Scientists and Engineer
- Order of Magnitude Biology
- Brains, Minds, and Society
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Chemistry Biology View 1147 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants whose first language or native language is not English are required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores with their applications.
- Three letters of recommendation are required
- Official transcripts
- Upload a CV or Resume
- Statement of Purpose
International54570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54570 USD per year during 12 months.
National54570 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54570 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pasadena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.