A full-time internationally renowned and respected faculty guides students through an extensive and flexible curriculum, allowing students to focus on areas of interest while building well-rounded skills necessary for a career in jazz.
Jazz Performance courses offered at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign include keyboard, improvisation, arranging, history, composition, styles, pedagogy, music business, applied instruction, and ensembles.
- Our Grammy-award winning faculty-artists, who maintain their own recording and international performance careers, closely mentor students through private instruction and participation in eighteen campus jazz ensembles.
- Performance and studio recording opportunities exist both on and off campus at the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts and at several clubs in the local community.
- Over the years, our student jazz ensembles have been invited to perform at jazz conferences and have won awards at major jazz festivals around the country.
- Jazz Aural Skills
- Jazz Listening Seminar
- Jazz History
- Advanced Jazz Harmony
- Jazz Arranging
- Proseminar in Music
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 229 other Masters in Music Performance in United States
- Transcripts from every institution from which you have earned a degree
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Personal Statement
- Resume or C.V.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.