At University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, we offer both a Master of Arts (M.A.) and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in East Asian Languages and Cultures.
- Both the Master's and Doctoral programs embody that conviction in concept and design. Graduate students in the Department are encouraged to develop breadth of vision in their approach to East Asia, spanning historical periods, academic disciplines, and geographical boundaries, testing theories and methods and critically assessing their usefulness in understanding the cultures of East Asia.
- East Asian Civilizations
- History East Asian Religions
- The Chinese Language
- Art in China
- Traditional China
- Modern China
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 910 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Applicants must have earned at least a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college in the United States or a comparable degree from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (A=4.0), or comparable GPA for an international applicant, for last two years of undergraduate study is a minimum requirement for admission.
- International applicants must meet minimum requirements based on their country of origin. Please note that proposed programs of study may require a higher GPA than the Graduate College's minimum standard.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency with an acceptable TOEFL or IELTS score or by qualifying for an English proficiency waiver.
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.