Working hand-in-hand with professors and peers, you will engage with the philosophies and practices that shape contemporary industrial design.
Graduate study in Industrial Design at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign is composed of several types of coursework that cover design research, innovation, sustainability, entrepreneurship, and the theoretical context of design.
- Students have dedicated workstations in the graduate studio, where they are engaged in a graduate studio course each semester.
- You will take additional seminar courses, electives, and classes both within the School of Art + Design and elsewhere in the wider university.
- The Industrial Design program has a strong user focus and an emphasis on research-based design practice, ranging from products to services and experiences. The MFA culminates in a Thesis project, which is deposited with the Graduate College and exhibited in the MFA exhibition in the Krannert Art Museum.
- Our MFA program also encourages applications from people with first degrees in related areas (including engineering, computing, business, and architecture) who are motivated and interested in a change in career direction.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Interior Design View 609 other Masters in Design in United States
- Transcripts: Upload (unofficial) transcripts/academic records (and diplomas or certificates of degrees if your degree is awarded and not listed on your transcript).
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required. All letters should be submitted online by the recommenders.
- Resume: Your resume should include relevant work and teaching experience, awards, exhibition record, and publications. This information will assist in consideration for graduate fellowship awards and graduate appointment positions. Your resume should be uploaded in the online application form and also on the portfolio site.
- Personal Statement: This statement of 1000 words or less should describe your academic background and current creative work in relation to your interest in pursuing a graduate degree. Your statement should be uploaded in the online application form and also on the portfolio site.
International29614 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29614 USD per year during 24 months.
National29614 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29614 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14326 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Urbana
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.