Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies from Stony Brook University explores how these categories come into being and operate across different cultures and historical periods, and how they shape social, political, economic and institutional organizations as well as personal experience and perception.
Students at Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies from Stony Brook University will gain knowledge in:
- Gender, race, class,
- Sexuality, nation, and disability
- Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality
- Feminist Interdisciplinary Histories and Methods
- Feminist Theories
- Practicing Women’s and Gender Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Gender & Sexuality Studies View 105 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.A. or M.A. degree from a recognized institution in a suitable area of study
- An official graduate application
- A statement of purpose
- 3 letters of recommendation
- One official copy of any transcript from any undergraduate college or university attended, from which a degree was conferred.
- For international students, proficiency in English as demonstrated
- One research or term paper in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies or a related field of approximately 20-25 pages.
- An application fee of $100.
International25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State13836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6918 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.