Computational Linguistics from Stony Brook University will allow you to take on a variety of positions in the IT sector. You will be able to evaluate existing solutions with respect to their linguistic adequacy as well as design and implement new solutions in a rapid prototyping environment. You may also act as the link between teams of linguists and software engineers in large-scale projects.
Students at Computational Linguistics from Stony Brook University will:
- acquire core competencies in programming, algorithms and data structures, advanced mathematics (algebra, logic, statistics), linguistic theories of sound and grammar (syntax, phonetics, phonology) and the computational analysis of natural language (automata theory, complexity theory).
- have practical experience with existing software solutions and toolkits that are widely used in the industry.
- Comp Ling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 717 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- A bachelors degree is required. Students must present evidence that such a degree will be awarded by the time they begin graduate work.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (or its foreign equivalent) on a four-point scale.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Writing sample
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- TOEFL Score
International25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6918 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.