Counselor Education - Rehabilitation Counseling at Florida International University emphasizes the empowerment of individuals with disabilities to maximize employability, attain economic self-sufficiency, independence, inclusion, and integration into American society.
A rehabilitation counselor evaluates and coordinates needed services to assist people with disabilities in coping with the limitations caused by such factors as cognitive and learning difficulties, environmental and societal discrimination, and barriers psychological conflict/distress, or loss of physical/functional ability.
Along with mastering the techniques and skills that will help you become a qualified counselor, you will learn how to work with individuals with disabilities and chronic disorders being served in community settings, state vocational rehabilitation agencies and private rehabilitation centers. Upon graduation, you will be eligible to become a nationally certified Rehabilitation Counselor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Educational-Vocational Counseling
- Counseling Skills and Techniques
- Ethical, Legal, & Professional Issues in Counseling
- Advanced Counseling and Consultation in Community Settings
- Adult Psychopathology
- Human Sexuality Counseling
- Rehabilitation Counseling: Principles and Practices
- Medical Aspects of Disability
- Psychological/Sociological Aspects of Disability
- Service Delivery and Case Management in Rehabilitation Counseling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling Psychology View 1839 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- GPA: 3.0 in the last 60 credits of undergraduate work
- GRE: Not Required
- Applicant Statement/Letter of Intent: Autobiographical sketch required
- Letters of Recommendation: Required, 3 Letters
- Interview by the Admissions Committee (applicant will be contacted by committee if selected)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9012 USD per semester during 30 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 30 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 30 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.