Currently, many graduates from the History Education program are in charge of middle and high school history education as in-service teachers, and many students go on to graduate school and spread their will to study. In addition, he is actively engaged in various fields such as research institutes, museums, corporations, and media in each field based on his historical awareness and educator qualities.
About the Program
The Department of History Education, Korea University College of Education, was established in 1983 with the approval of the Ministry of Education for the purpose of nurturing excellent history teachers and talents.Since receiving the first freshman student in 1984, he has been active as a leader in Korean history education. The contents necessary for history education, ranging from the general history of history theory, Korean history, Eastern history, Western history, etc. are educating faithfully. Meanwhile, in addition to regular classes, regular field trips are held twice a year in the spring and fall to nurture the qualifications of a preliminary history teacher in the real history field. In addition, through the study of history at the university, it is intended to cultivate the qualities of a historian with the correct historical consciousness required by our society.
- Korean Cultural History
- Theory of Learning Korean History
- Japanese ancient history
- Western ancient history
- Western modern history
- Korean modern history
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation History View 6 other Masters in History in South Korea
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Korea University and/or in South Korea, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The applicant must complete regular primary and secondary education, equivalent to Grades 1 to 12 in the Korean education system, either in Korea or overseas.
- Completion of qualification examinations and programs such as GED, homeschooling, online courses, or language schools, and so on from the level of primary, secondary to higher education are not regarded as equivalent to a regular academic school curriculum.
- Official language proficiency test result (TOEFL, IELTS Academic, HSK, JLPT, JPT, DELF, DALF, TOPIK, etc.) - Standardized international admissions qualifications tests (ACT, A-level, AP, IB, SAT, 高考, etc.) -
- National certificate of technical qualification, state certified qualification, etc. -
- Documents issued during and by a high school/university: prize conferred by high school/university for activities carried out at high school/university
International7508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3754 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3754 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Seoul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.