About the Program
The Political Science program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst is available in special cases to students who can demonstrate that a terminal Master of Arts degree from University of Massachusetts is vital to the pursuit of their career. Students seeking training in political science as a vocation are encouraged to apply to the doctoral program.
- M.A. students are required to complete eight graduate-level courses with grades of "B" or better, seven of which must be taken in political science. At least one course must be taken in three of the fields within the department.
- Students must register for six thesis credits before completion of their course work and present a thesis as described below.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 590 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Writing Sample
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Scores for non-native English speakers
International20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4671 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.