About the Program
The two paths of the Environmental and Water Resources Engineering program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst are the research option and the coursework option. The specific degree requirements and the appropriate degree depend on your undergraduate background and if the degree is research based or not.The research option is usually followed by students receiving financial support in the form of a research or teaching assistantship (RA, TA). The coursework option is designed to be completed in 9 to 12 months; students pursuing this option receive no or partial financial assistance. Students who have been admitted into the program without an engineering baccalaureate must make up prerequisite coursework at the basic level of undergraduate engineering in order to be eligible for the M.S. degree.
- Open-Channel Flow
- Environmental Institutions & Policies
- GIS for Engineers
- Environmental Engineering Analysis
- Environmental Engineering Microbiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 429 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Application Form and Fee
- Statement of Purpose: This statement should illustrate your academic background and experiences and explain why you would excel in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Transcript: One official transcript of all previous college work (Undergraduate and Graduate) is required at the time of application. Transcripts should be sent directly to the UMass Graduate School. A final transcript showing that a bachelor's degree has been awarded must be received before the applicant can enroll in a program.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- GRE scores
- The TOEFL is required of all applicants whose native language is not English
International20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4671 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.