Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner from Stony Brook University helps students integrate scientific findings from nursing and related sciences to improve nursing care across diverse settings, demonstrate leadership by collaborating and consulting with key stakeholders in the design, coordination and evaluation of patient care outcomes and apply quality and safety principles within an organization to be an effective leader and change agent.
The Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program prepares nurses as expert providers of primary health care to young adults, adults, older adults and their families across health care settings.
- Organizational Leadership and Role Transformation
- Quality Improvement, Safety, and Health Care Technologies
- Health Care Policy and Advocacy
- Nursing Research & Evidence-Based Practice
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Clinical Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Theory & Clinical Practice in Adult-Gerontology Across the Continuum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Gerontology View 802 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Completed application
- Bachelor of Science degree with a major in nursing
- Minimum of one year's recent relevant experience (preferred)
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Current professional Registered Nurse license
- Three online letters of recommendation
- Three credit undergraduate course in Health Assessment
- Three credit undergraduate course in Statistics
- NP Student Malpractice Insurance Required
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Current curriculum vitae/resume
- Technology Requirements
International34792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17396 USD per semester during 12 months.
National34792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17396 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State27752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13876 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.