With Nursing Leadership from Stony Brook University you will be able to incorporate the concepts of leadership change, collaboration, and innovation into the role of nurse leader and implement leadership skills to manage change, improve outcomes, and create a preferred future for nursing practice.
The Master of Science Program in Nursing Leadership prepares nurses as leaders to assume leadership positions across all levels of nursing and health care continuum.
- Organizational Leadership and Role Transformation
- Quality Improvement, Safety, and Health Care Technologies
- Health Care Policy and Advocacy
- Nursing Research & Evidence-Based Practice
- Communication and Relationship Management
- Business Skills for Nurse Leaders
- Finance and Economics in Nursing Leadership
- Legal/Ethical/Regulatory Issues in Nursing Leadership
- Advanced Theory and Practice in Nursing Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLeadership View 469 other Masters in Leadership in United States
- Student Malpractice Insurance Required
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Current curriculum vitae/resume
- Completed application
- Bachelor of Science degree with a major in nursing
- Minimum of one year's recent relevant experience (preferred)
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Current professional Registered Nurse license
- Three online letters of recommendation
- Three credit undergraduate course in Statistics (by advisement)
International25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6918 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.