Students will learn the theoretical foundations and gain practical skills to manage and engineer various data forms, to make predictive analyses, to derive actionable insights, and develop intelligent hardware and software systems and related cutting-edge AI technologies. The Artificial Intelligence MSc program offered at San José State University draws on insights from mathematics, statistical analysis, computer science, software engineering, and systems engineering and is, therefore, best suited for students with software/computer engineering, computer science, mathematics, and closely related backgrounds.
MS AI Program Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify and apply fundamental concepts, algorithms, and methodologies to formulate, analyze, design, and evaluate artificial intelligence and machine learning systems;
- Tackle complex machine learning and artificial intelligence problems using contemporary principles, algorithms, technologies, methodologies, and tools;
- Lead and participate in a team to develop AI and machine learning applications;
- Recognize the ethical, economic and environmental implications of their work, as appropriate;
- Sustain a process of life-long learning in engineering or other professional areas; and,
- Communicate effectively and persuasively with a variety of audiences.
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Engineering
- Data Mining
- Architecture and Programming
- Intelligent Autonomous Systems
- Advanced Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 206 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United States
- Undergraduate degree in math, physics, computer science, engineering, or a closely related field, equivalent to a four-year U.S. undergraduate baccalaureate degree, with demonstrated college-level courses in programming, data structures, algorithm design, three-semester sequence of calculus, linear algebra and statistics.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- If undergraduate program is not ABET accredited, GRE is required with minimum GRE q+v of 294 and GRE AWA of 3.0. GRE q+v minimum higher than 294 may be required for successful admission depending on the number of applicants.
- International applicants must meet SJSU’s minimum requirements on English-language proficiency tests.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-resident students pay basic registration fees plus $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.