The Child and Adolescent Development MA program offered at San José State University provides students with a well-rounded curriculum that incorporates theory, research, policy, and practice. As a result, students develop an extensive command of various theories and milestones of human development, an awareness of effects of different child-rearing practices or conditions on the fulfillment of development promise, and much more.
- Doctoral programs
- Head Start and child care administrators
- Parent educators or child/youth advocates
- Child and family counselors
- Elementary, secondary school, and community college teachers
- Pediatric nurses and public health professionals
- Child and Adolescent Development: Research
- Multicultural Issues in Child and Adolescent Development
- Social Policy Issues in American Childhood and Youth
- Social and Emotional Development
- Cognitive and Language Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Psychology Cognitive Sciences View 184 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an approved institution: Preference is given to applicants with a background in Child & Adolescent Development or related field (e.g., Psychology, Sociology, Education, Social Work, Nursing).
- A minimum 3.0 overall grade point average
In addition to meeting university requirements, the minimum requirement for admission to the ChAD MA program is:
- a baccalaureate degree awarded by an accredited institution,
- a completed department application,
- three letters of recommendation,
- a 1-2-page typed statement of educational and professional background and professional goals, and
- an essay on various topic areas in child and adolescent development.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Non-resident students pay basic registration fees plus $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.