Medical law is a fascinating field of study as advances in medical research and new technologies shift the boundaries of medicine. New health issues are emerging and patient rights are increasingly taking centre stage. New and complex medico-legal dilemmas arise in clinical practice, in the realities of human health, and in the relationships between patients and healthcare professionals.
The LLM in Medical Law and Ethics (Online Learning) at The University of Edinburgh enables you to explore the international and interdisciplinary dimensions of medical law and ethics. You will have opportunities to examine healthcare policy and the regulation of medicine in different parts of the world. You will also evaluate responses to technology and debate possible futures for medical law.
Applications are welcomed from legal professionals and healthcare professionals, including doctors and nurses, and from all those with an interest in this area.
Graduates of our online distance learning programmes progress to a range of careers in Law and related legal fields, including work in local and international firms, government legal departments, other public institutions, international organisations and in academia.
The programmes are also an ideal platform for advanced research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To be awarded LLM Medical Law and Ethics you must successfully complete six courses, five of which must be core courses, and a 10,000- word dissertation during your chosen duration of study.
- During your studies you will also have the opportunity to study up to two courses from different subject areas such as information technology law, intellectual property law, or international commercial law.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Public Health Public Law View 293 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree from a UK university, or its international equivalent, in law.
- We will also consider candidates with a degree in a related discipline which includes relevant prior study.
- Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
- Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time - 2 Years: £12,050
- Part-time - 3 Years: £8,035
- Part-time - 32 months: £8,035
- Part-time - 20 months: £12,050
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.