In this fast-growing area, the M.S. in Internet of Things at Florida International University provides a sought-after set of technical skills to build on an ecosystem of hardware, software and services that turn data into intelligence. With IoT devices as a part of everyday existence and given their rapidly increasing deployment by leading corporations, it will be an IoT world.
IoT program graduates will be prepared to:
- conduct research on the fundamental underlining concepts associated with IoT technology (Software, Hardware, Communications, and Security).
- select, install, customize, and maintain state-of-the-art IoT devices and networks.
- perform data analytics, machine learning, deep learning, and big data.
- utilize and understand contemporary IoT applications and protocols commonplace to the industry.
- explain the legal and ethical implications of their work and an awareness of the impact of their actions and decision-making on individuals, society, and the environment.
Graduates of the M.S. in IoT program will gain the knowledge and capabilities to position themselves in this rapidly growing and expanding field with increasing employment opportunities and higher earning potential.
Career opportunities include employment as entrepreneurs and/or in the areas of the ever-evolving tech industry, including smart homes, smart grid, smart transportation and smart medical devices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced IoT Communications and Networking
- Advanced Security of Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems
- Advanced Sensor Signal Processing
- Antennas for Wireless and Body-Centric Communications
- Power Aware Computing
- Network Security
- Advanced IoT and Sensor Big Data Analytics
- Advanced IoT Analytics with Cloud Services
- Advanced Sensor and IoT Data Analytics with Deep Learning
- Advanced IoT Applied Machine Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 237 other Masters in Machine Learning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree in in engineering, physical sciences, computer science, or mathematics from an accredited university with a minimum of 3.0 (“B”) average in the upper-level (the last 60 credit hours).
- Official transcript of each previously attended university (undergraduate and graduate) in an envelope sealed by the degree granting institution. If an official transcript is not in English, the applicant must obtain two sets of transcripts: one to be submitted to FIU in the original language and the other to be translated by an official translation agency (or certified translator).
- Official proof of degree: a notarized copy of the original diploma is required if the degree is granted from a foreign institution not posted on the official transcripts.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS for students from universities in non-English speaking countries
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17142 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17142 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17142 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17142 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- total cost: $17,142.25 plus semester fees (approximately $20,000)
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.