The curriculum of the Communications and Computer Engineering programme from Kyoto University was established at the Graduate School of Informatics after Kyoto University was designated as one of the hub university for the Project for Establishing Core Universities for Internationalization (Global 30/G30), which was launched in 2009 by MEXT.
The purpose of the G30 program was to cultivate top-notch individuals who would play an active role in the global arena by providing development opportunities through friendly competition with international students. Participating universities were called upon to provide quality education according to their respective functions and to create an environment that makes it easier for international students to study in Japan.
To this end, the G30 program assisted Japan’s leading universities in their efforts to create a hub of internationalization, including the development of a system in which degree courses can be offered entirely in English, improvement of the environment to accept international students, and promotion of strategic international cooperation.
- Theory of Computational Complexity
- System-Level Design Methodology for SoCs
- Conversational Informatics
- Language Information Processing
- Distributed Information Systems
- Biosphere Informatics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
entrance examination: Tuesday, February 8 – Wednesday, February 9, 2022
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Communications Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants who have graduated from a university.
- Applicants who have a bachelor's degree.
- Applicants who are recognized by the School as having a scholastic ability on par with or higher than those of above-mentioned categories.
- Application Form for Research Student
- Approval for Admission by Employer
- Graduation Certificate (or certificate of expected graduation)
- Academic Transcript
- Letter of recommendation (two)
- Statement of Past Researches
- Schedule for Future Research
- Confirmation note regarding security export control
- Photocopy of Passport
International4159 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4159 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4159 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4159 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kyoto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.