This is a full time programme that prepares medical doctors for the Master of Public Health and Doctor of Public Health (Dr PH) degrees.
During the following three years the Public Health programme from University Malaysia Sarawak prepares the graduates for the Dr PH degree. Guidance will be provided by experienced, dedicated and qualified lecturers to ensure that the candidates are kept in touch with innovative, up to date developments in public health-related issues and community based developments.
- The MPH programme is divided into two components, each defining a specific functional area of study. The components are : Core and Research Project. The core component contains core courses which are compulsory for all students of Master of Public Health. The courses provide background knowledge and skills in public health which are required for any public health expert.
- The Research Project component comprises a series of research related courses and a research project. The project requires students to demonstrate and present a critical approach to specific issues of public health matters. To complete the MPH programme, a candidate must accummulate 34 credit hours of Core Components, and 6 credit hours of Research Project.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 96 other Masters in Public Health in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Possesses a degree of MBBS/MD or other equivalent undergraduate medical qualification from an institution recognized by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC).
- Qualifies for registration under the Medical Practitioner Act 1971 (Act 50) of Malaysia.
- At least three (3) years of post-full registration of clinical experience certified by the relevant authorities.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with minimum score of 7.0.
International11426 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11426 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National4941 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4941 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- Malaysian student RM 24,448.00
- International student RM 56,540.00
Living costs for Kota Kinabalu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.