The Science Counselling programme from University Malaysia Sarawak is aimed to produce registered counsellors with:
- Competence in handling issues relating to individuals, organisations, families and communities.
- Professional, ethical and scientific thinking to improve quality of life and productivity in a variety of environments.
- Cultural practice through role helping and volunteering as a counselor, manager, consultant, mentor, coach and mediator.
- A tendency to engage in research-related problems in a variety of environments.
Who should applyThe programme aims at providing opportunities to various group of potential candidates such as:
- Teachers, Facilitator and Trainers
- Education officers and Administrators
- College and Higher Institution Lecturers
- Professionals who are interested in counselling field
- Fresh graduates who are keen on Counselling
- Advanced Counselling Theories
- Personality and Individual Differences
- Counselling Ethics and Professional Development
- Individual Counselling: Techniques and Applications
- Counselling Assesment
- Career Counselling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology School Counselling View 12 other Masters in School Counselling in Malaysia
CGPA of 2.50
For admission into the programme, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or any equivalent, from a
- university recognized by the Senate.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a CGPA less than 2.50, may be qualified subject to a minimum of 5 years working experiences in the relevant field. OR Candidates must pass the interview or equivalent assessment conducted by the Faculty of Cognitive Sciences and Human Development.
- For international student, an IELTS score of 5.0 is required, in addition to the entry requirement stated above.
International2982 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5964 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
National2087 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4174 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Malaysian student RM19,312.00
- International student RM27,592.00
Living costs for Kota Kinabalu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.