The at Pennsylvania State University Smeal College of Business Master's in Business Analytics (M-BAN) is a STEM-designated one-year immersive program into the world of business analytics. Offered in a face-to-face classroom setting on Penn State's University Park campus, the program focuses on developing the business analytics skills of professionals entering and engaged in business, non-business, and STEM career fields.
Built upon the widely-recognized progression of analytics development: descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive, students will gain the skills to apply mathematics, statistics, computer science, and operations research techniques to small and large data sets and develop insights that will enhance business decision-making capabilities.
- Our STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) designation means that M-BAN achieves the definition set forth by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and is a testament of the quality and rigor of the program.
- The designation also allows international graduates on F-1 visas to work in the United States for an additional 24 months via the extended Optional Practical Training (OPT), totaling 36 months. This extended duration and designation is attractive to employers interested in hiring international students.
- As an M-BAN student, you will learn how to solve challenging business problems leveraging the power of popular analytics tools, such as: GAMS, KNIME, Microsoft Excel and Power BI Desktop, Minitab, Python, R, SAS, SQL, Tableau, and Weka.
- Business Data Management
- Descriptive Analytics for Business
- Business Data Visualization for Decision Making
- Programming Skills for Business Analytics
- Ethical Leadership
- Communication Skills for Management
- Predictive Analytics for Business
- Data Mining for Business
- Prescriptive Analytics for Business
- Implementing Analytics for Business
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 452 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Penn State Graduate School Application
- Admissions Essay (600-word limit)
- Copies of Official Educational Transcripts
- Video Application Response
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Official English Language Proficiency Exam Scores (International Candidates)
- GMAT Score - Prospective students with a solid GPA leading to a quantitative/technical undergraduate or graduate degree, or significant work experience in quantitative/technical fields may apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver by submitting a written request on the optional essay provided in the application explaining in detail why they feel they qualify for a waiver
- Application Fee: $65
International40812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20406 USD per semester during 12 months.
National24586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12293 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.