Study Law and Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies at University of Texas at Austin
The School of Law and Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies offer a Dual Degree program leading to two graduate degrees: the Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) and the Master of Arts in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies (MAREEES).
The University of Texas is well positioned to offer a program of this nature. The Law School has long been considered to have one of the best faculties in the nation. Professors affiliated with the Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies are recognized world-wide for their resources. The Tarlton Law Library is sixth largest academic law library in the United States. Apply to the Law (JD) and Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies dual degree from University of Texas at Austin.
- Criminal Law
- Legal Analysis and Communication
- Persuasive Writing and Advocacy
- Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Literature and Culture
- Anthropology, Sociology, and Geography
- Economics, History, and Government
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- For the JD: Complete and submit an application for admission no later than March 1.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Civil & Private Law Legal Studies View 104 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United States
- A grade point average of 3.0 in upper-division undergraduate courses and any graduate work already completed
- A combined score of 1,000 on the verbal and quantitative parts of the Graduate Record Examination
- 18 hours (three years) of formal language training (or the equivalent) in Russian or another language of the area
- Take the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) no later than February
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the U.S.; or proof of equivalent training at a foreign institution
- Pay the Application Fee
- Have Your Transcripts Ready
- Submit Your Official GRE Scores
- Prepare Your Statement of Purpose
- Update Your Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Submit Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Scores
International21386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10693 USD per semester during 48 months.
National21386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10693 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State15636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7818 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.