- The Agricultural and Biological Engineering programme is offered at the Purdue University.
- Innovative research in the department focuses on the application of engineering principles to biological systems, resulting in the creation of new products and practices that improve the quality of human life.
- This program deals with the applications of basic scientific and engineering principles to the design, development and operation of large scale manufacture of food and biologically-based products. Such products are environmentally friendly, renewable and represent a future wave of consumer demand for better health and environment. In addition to learning the engineering aspects of food and biological processing, you will also learn the basic principles in biochemistry and food sciences.
- Agricultural Systems Management
- Biological & Food Process Engineering
- Biotechnology - PULSe
- Biotechnology Innovation and Regulatory Science
- Computational Life Science
- Concentration Biological Engineering & Technology
- Fluid Power
- Interdepartmental Food Science
- Interdisciplinary Ecological Science & Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology General Engineering & Technology Agriculture View 238 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
- Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Purpose - Please provide a statement of approximately 500 words that addresses the following:
- Describe your broad scientific interests, including what motivates you to pursue them.
- Describe your future career plans or goals as they relate to your scientific interests in (1) and explain why you need to pursue graduate studies to achieve them.
- Describe your technical background such as courses, internships, or research that inform your decision.
- Describe specific research interests in the Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department, including up to three potential mentors and how their programs relate to your broad scientific interests in (1).
- Provide additional background information that may support your success in graduate school. Also explain any extenuating circumstances that help understand your application.
International28794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14397 USD per semester during 24 months.
National28794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14397 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4996 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for West Lafayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.