What you will learn
The School of Information and the Center for Middle Eastern Studies in the College of Liberal Arts offer a dual degree program leading to a Master of Science (MS) in Information Studies and Master of Arts (MA) in Middle Eastern Studies. Students may earn the two degrees simultaneously in approximately three academic years rather than four if doing the degrees separately.
Some students, particularly those who enter the Information Studies and Middle Eastern Studies MSIS/MA program offered at University of Texas at Austin with a language deficiency, may find it necessary to enroll for an additional semester or summer session in order to complete all requirements of the program.
- Perspectives on Information
- Asian Studies
- Religious Studies
- Middle Eastern History
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Informatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences View 1104 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) application for admission and admission fee: The Texas Common Application is available at ApplyTexas.org.
- One official transcript from each college or university attended: Submit electronic copies of your official transcripts according to the GIAC website.
- An official report of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores: (Optional for Fall 2022 applicants.)
- Statement of Purpose: Once your application is submitted, electronically upload a statement of purpose for your desired program of study.
- Three letters of recommendation: You will be asked to submit the names and contact information of three recommenders at the time of your online application. After submitting the application, each contact will receive an email with directions for submitting a recommendation letter online.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (international students only).
International18740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9370 USD per semester during 36 months.
National18740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9370 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State9888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4944 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.